- This event has passed.
Youth AOD 3 & 4 1 day workshop: Young People, drug use and resilience-based care
June 28 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
This workshop is a combination of the Youth AOD 3 – Young people and drugs and Youth AOD 4-Resilience Care Planning.
This workshop will provide an introduction to effectively understanding and responding to young people who are experiencing AOD problems. It will also cover key areas that underpin effective planning and support for young people and will bring together learnings and perspectives from the 2 previous workshops (Youth AOD 1 Attachment and Trauma and Youth AOD 2 – Developmentally Conducive Practice) through Resilience Based Care Planning.
- Perspectives on Youth AOD issues
- Harm reduction
- Commonly used drugs
- Understanding the function of substance use and exploring alternatives
- Engaging young people in ways that work for them
- Building motivation and supporting change
- Formulation of resilience-based care plans – alignment of resources and need
- Review and continuous assessment