- This event has passed.
The Interplay between ABI, Mental Health, and AOD: Untangling the Complexity: Half Day Module
September 6 @ 9:30 am - September 7 @ 12:30 am
IMPORTANT: registrations for training will become live approximately two months prior to start of training. To enrol in this or any training, you must click the link below and fill in the registration. If you do not complete the registration, you will not have a place in the training. If you experience a broken link, please get in touch with us at email@example.com
The aim of this module is to provide participants with knowledge and skills for working with people who have an ABI who present with alcohol and/or substance use and mental health issues.
On completion of this session it is anticipated that participants will be able to:
- Know how to screen for ABI risk factors and how to refer for further assessment
- Describe a number of common mental health disorders
- Understand how alcohol and other substance-related brain injury occurs and their common consequences
- Understand how complexity/comorbidity occurs
- Implement strategies to assist with working with complexity
- Understand brain-behaviour relationships and the effects of ABI on behaviour