- This event has passed.
Peer Worker Training
November 23 @ 9:30 am - 2:30 pm
|Recurring Event (See all)
Occurs every 2nd day from 21st November until 2nd December, 9:30 - 2:30Pm
Peer workers, like in any professional discipline, need quality, standardised training and ongoing professional development. Through extensive research and co-design, SHARC has developed Peer Worker Training. This comprehensive training provides a vital knowledge base for peer workers, and ensures that the peer workforce has a discipline-specific framework.
This training is designed for current AOD Peer Workers of funded Victorian AOD agencies
Download a calendar invite for each day of this event. Sign in to your account to manage this course.
The SHARC Peer Worker Training seeks to:
- Educate Peer Workers around the concepts and core competencies of the peer work discipline
- Assist Peer Workers to apply best practice peer work in formalised settings
- Explore the key components of the role with a focus on the peer relationship
- Increase confidence and develop skills in communication and navigating relational parameters
- Develop understandings of ethical practice and workplace legislative requirements
- Empower Peer Workers to advocate for the discipline and manage their own wellbeing and development needs
- Prepare Peer Workers to work across a number of domains, remaining ‘peer’ within clinical governance frameworks