- This event has passed.
Introduction to Aboriginal Cultural Safety Training
May 19 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
IMPORTANT: registrations for training will become live approximately two months prior to start of training. To enrol in this or any training, you must click the link below and fill in the registration. If you do not complete the registration, you will not have a place in the training. If you experience a broken link, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
VACCHO’s Introduction to Aboriginal Cultural Safety training aims to provide the necessary foundational knowledge to enable participants to:
- Develop a greater understanding of Aboriginal cultural and social perspectives
- Engage meaningfully with Aboriginal peoples and Communities
- Strengthen existing relationships and integrate cultural safety into practice
- Identify ways to embed and apply learnings in professional and personal contexts.
Session topics include:
- The historical and intergenerational impacts of colonisation and policies and how they have shaped Aboriginal culture, peoples and Communities
- Aspects of Aboriginal identities, culture and protocols
- Fostering respectful relationships with Aboriginal peoples and Communities
- Foundational skills and strategies for implementing cultural safety into practice