**THIS A PAID COURSE**
Group work is a common and useful treatment approach in Drug and Alcohol treatment. There are many types of groups such as support groups, task-focused, educative and therapeutic community groups. Group Facilitation for AOD workers is a foundational course introducing the essential concepts of group facilitation. Through a mixture of self-paced learning and in-person training, participants will learn how to:
- Establish a supportive group culture and ensure safety within the group space
- Define and apply the concepts of content and process, and the stages of group development
- Identify common challenges in group program delivery and implement strategies to handle them effectively
- Adapt to various group formats, including sole facilitation, co-facilitation, face-to-face and remote delivery
- Apply skills and strategies to address responsivity factors in group work
- Safely close a group through effective closing techniques
- Learning tasks to be completed before in-person training
- One-day in-person training, incorporating discussion and applied learning activities
- Free participant handbook
$103.00 (includes booking fee + GST)
Terms and Conditions
- You must work in a state-funded AOD service or program, mental health and other community service workers are not eligible
- You must pay for your ticket to be considered enrolled in this course. Click ENROL NOW to change to “I’m Going”, then click BUY NOW button to complete payment (SEE BELOW)
- No invoices will be issued for this event
- Travel contribution is available for this event for AOD workers in rural and remote areas. See Travel Contribution to apply. Travel Contribution is paid after the event upon proof of attendance.
AOD workers employed in a Victorian State-funded Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) service, including Peer and LLE workers.
Please ensure you have clearance from your line manager to attend. If you cannot attend, cancel your registration and make your spot available to someone else on the waitlist.