Provider Thorne Harbour Health
- This event has passed.
Family Violence within LGBTI+ Communities: Cultural Sensitivity Training
July 15 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
IMPORTANT: registrations for training will become live approximately two months prior to start of training. To enrol in this or any training, you must click the link below and fill in the registration. If you do not complete the registration, you will not have a place in the training. If you experience a broken link, please get in touch with us at email@example.com
The training content will support you and your organisation to:
- Understand the context in which Family Violence (FV), Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) and Sexual Assault (SA) impacts LGBTI+ people in Australia.
- Gain knowledge from a framework for understanding FV and IPV in LGBTI+ communities and relationships.
- Learn about common presentations to better support LGBTI+ individuals.
- Understand barriers to accessing services (based on gender, sexuality and presentation).
- Up to two case studies specific to the cohort receiving training (optional).
- Understand the broader FV, IMV and SA issues for LGBTI+ communities.