- This event has passed.
22/03/2022 Youth AOD 3 – Half-day Young people & AOD
March 22 @ 9:30 am - 1:00 pm
IMPORTANT: registrations for training will become live approximately two months prior to start of training. To enrol in this or any training, you must click the link below and fill in the registration. If you do not complete the registration, you will not have a place in the training. If you experience a broken link, please get in touch with us at email@example.com
Youth-focused AOD Practice Program
This training program aims to increase the capacity of practitioners to effectively support and respond to the needs of young people who are using substances while also promoting the integration of contemporary evidence-informed youth AOD perspectives into care planning and coordination.
This training program contains 4x courses:
- Youth AOD 1 – Half-day Attachment and Trauma in Youth AOD work
- Youth AOD 2 – Half-day Developmentally Conducive Practice
- Youth AOD 3 – Half-day Young people & AOD
- Youth AOD 4 – Half-day Resilience Care Planning
It is highly recommended that the participants attend the 4 sessions.
This training will provide the participants with the opportunity to engage in an open exploration of the theories, evidence, frameworks and practice wisdom that informs contemporary youth AOD practice as well as participating in group discussions and interactive contextualising activities.
This workshop will provide an introduction to effectively understanding and responding to young people who are experiencing AOD problems. It will build on the 2 previous workshops in exploring and understanding the drivers and functions of AOD use in the lives of young people.
- Perspectives on Youth AOD issues
- Harm reduction
- Understanding the function of substance use and exploring alternatives.
- Introduction to Young People and AOD
- Communicating effectively with young people