Elevate! Learn, upskill and master.
This training will bring together learnings and perspectives from the three previous workshops through an exploration of Resilience Based Care Planning. It will also cover key areas that underpin effective planning and support for young people and look at how we can provide well-considered and effective exit and transition planning.
IMPORTANT: registrations for training will become live approximately two months prior to start of training. To enrol in this or any training, you must click the link below and fill in the registration. If you do not complete the registration, you will not have a place in the training. If you experience a broken link, please get in touch with us at email@example.com
Youth-focused AOD Practice Program
This training program aims to increase the capacity of practitioners to effectively support and respond to the needs of young people who are using substances while also promoting the integration of contemporary evidence-informed youth AOD perspectives into care planning and coordination.
This training program contains 4x course:
• Youth AOD 1 – Half-day Attachment and Trauma in Youth AOD work
• Youth AOD 2 – Half-day Developmentally Conducive Practice
• Youth AOD 3 – Half-day Young people & AOD
• Youth AOD 4 – Half-day Resilience Care Planning
It is highly recommended that the participants attend the 4 sessions.
- Engaging young people in ways that work for them.
- Building motivation and supporting change.
- Factors that influence drug-using behaviour (predisposing, Perpetuating Precipitating & Protective)
- Assessment: identifying the function and meaning of AOD use and other behaviours
- Formulation of resilience-based care plans – alignment of resources and need
- Review and continuous assessment
- The Therapeutic ending: Transition planning for a better future
It is recommended to complete the following previous units:
- Youth AOD 1 – Half-day Attachment and Trauma in Youth AOD work
- Youth AOD 2 – Half-day Developmentally Conducive Practice
- Youth AOD 3 – Half-day Young people & AOD
This training has been funded for workers employed in a Victorian State-funded Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) service, including those who are new to the AOD sector or recently employed under the COVID-19 Workforce Initiative and Peer workers.
Who is not eligible?
Students on placement or internships, workers from other community sectors such as Family Violence, Homelessness and Mental Health and AOD workers outside of Victoria.
Please ensure you have clearance to attend from your line manager. If you are unable to attend, even if you find out the day before, please cancel your registration and make your spot available to someone else on the waiting list.
Can’t find what you need? Need help?