Elevate! Learn, upskill and master.
Build an understanding of trans and gender diverse health and wellbeing, the impact of discrimination on trans and gender diverse people and explore and develop affirmative policy and practice recommendations.
IMPORTANT: registrations for training will become live approximately two months prior to start of training. To enrol in this or any training, you must click the link below and fill in the registration. If you do not complete the registration, you will not have a place in the training. If you experience a broken link, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This training is facilitated by transgender and gender diverse identified trainers and will support you and your organisation to:
- Build understanding of trans and gender diverse health and wellbeing
- Understand the importance and use of respectful and appropriate language
- Understand the impact of discrimination on trans and gender diverse people
- Understand and apply the legislative and legal requirements to respect and recognise gender identity
- Explore and develop trans and gender diverse policy and practice recommendations
- Develop strategies to create cultural safety
This training has been funded for workers employed in a Victorian State-funded Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) service, including those who are new to the AOD sector or recently employed under the COVID-19 Workforce Initiative and Peer workers.
Who is not eligible?
Students on placement or internships, workers from other community sectors such as Family Violence, Homelessness and Mental Health and AOD workers outside of Victoria.
Please ensure you have clearance to attend from your line manager. If you are unable to attend, even if you find out the day before, please cancel your registration and make your spot available to someone else on the waiting list.
Can’t find what you need? Need help?