Elevate! Learn, upskill and master.
Let us provide insight into mental health disorders and associated cognitive difficulties, including co-occurring mental health difficulties and ABI. We will specifically look at substance use and ABI for an understanding of behaviours of concern in such contexts.
IMPORTANT: registrations for training will become live approximately two months prior to start of training. To enrol in this or any training, you must click the link below and fill in the registration. If you do not complete the registration, you will not have a place in the training. If you experience a broken link, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The aim of this module is to provide participants with knowledge and skills for working with people who have an ABI who present with alcohol and/or substance use and mental health issues.
On completion of this session it is anticipated that participants will be able to:
- Know how to screen for ABI risk factors and how to refer for further assessment
- Describe a number of common mental health disorders
- Understand how alcohol and other substance-related brain injury occurs and their common consequences
- Understand how complexity/comorbidity occurs
- Implement strategies to assist with working with complexity
- Understand brain-behaviour relationships and the effects of ABI on behaviour
This training has been funded for workers employed in a Victorian State-funded Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) service, including those who are new to the AOD sector or recently employed under the COVID-19 Workforce Initiative and Peer workers.
Who is not eligible?
Students on placement or internships, workers from other community sectors such as Family Violence, Homelessness and Mental Health and AOD workers outside of Victoria.
Please ensure you have clearance to attend from your line manager. If you are unable to attend, even if you find out the day before, please cancel your registration and make your spot available to someone else on the waiting list.
Can’t find what you need? Need help?