Elevate! Learn, upskill and master.
Understand the context in which family violence, intimate partner violence and sexual assault impacts LGBTI+ people in Australia. Learn about common presentations, barriers to accessing services and the broader issues for LGBTI+ communities.
IMPORTANT: registrations for training will become live approximately two months prior to start of training. To enrol in this or any training, you must click the link below and fill in the registration. If you do not complete the registration, you will not have a place in the training. If you experience a broken link, please get in touch with us at email@example.com
The training content will support you and your organisation to:
- Understand the context in which Family Violence (FV), Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) and Sexual Assault (SA) impacts LGBTI+ people in Australia.
- Gain knowledge from a framework for understanding FV and IPV in LGBTI+ communities and relationships.
- Learn about common presentations to better support LGBTI+ individuals.
- Understand barriers to accessing services (based on gender, sexuality and presentation).
- Up to two case studies specific to the cohort receiving training (optional).
- Understand the broader FV, IMV and SA issues for LGBTI+ communities.
This training is open to AOD workers in Victorian state-funded organisations and services. While not mandatory, it is highly encouraged to complete Trans and Gender Diverse Cultural Sensitivity and Awareness Training with Thorne Harbour Health prior to taking this training.
This training has been funded for workers employed in a Victorian State-funded Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) service, including those who are new to the AOD sector or recently employed under the COVID-19 Workforce Initiative and Peer workers.
Who is not eligible?
Students on placement or internships, workers from other community sectors such as Family Violence, Homelessness and Mental Health and AOD workers outside of Victoria.
Please ensure you have clearance to attend from your line manager. If you are unable to attend, even if you find out the day before, please cancel your registration and make your spot available to someone else on the waiting list.
Can’t find what you need? Need help?