Elevate! Learn, upskill and master.
**THIS TRAINING IS NOW FULL**
Register your expression of interest now for all four units in the Alcohol and Other Drugs Skill Set CHCSS00093, delivered by Uniting.
The four units listed below are included in the CHCSS00093 Skill Set for AOD workers. This training:
- Provides skills and knowledge required to establish and work with; philosophy and values of the alcohol and other drugs (AOD) sector.
- Conduct assessments of (AOD) clients to determine eligibility, service requirements and referral needs.
- To establish treatment goals and to develop and evaluate individual treatment plans to meet those goals.
- Conduct and monitor intervention strategies to address (AOD) issues. Interventions would be ongoing and be conducted under the guidance of a supervisor.
Units of competency:
- CHCAOD001 – Work in an alcohol and other drugs context
- CHCAOD004 – Assess needs of clients with alcohol and other drugs issues
- CHCAOD009 – Develop and review individual alcohol and other drugs treatment plans
- CHCAOD006 – Provide interventions for people with alcohol and other drugs issues
This training has been funded for workers employed in a Victorian State-funded Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) service, including those who are new to the AOD sector or recently employed under the COVID-19 Workforce Initiative and Peer workers.
Who is not eligible?
Students on placement or internships, workers from other community sectors such as Family Violence, Homelessness and Mental Health and AOD workers outside of Victoria.
Please ensure you have clearance to attend from your line manager. If you are unable to attend, even if you find out the day before, please cancel your registration and make your spot available to someone else on the waiting list.
Can’t find what you need? Need help?