Elevate! Learn, upskill and master.
Understand the broader AOD issues for LGBTI+ communities whilst individually analysing your own assumptions and values and reflect on the implications in your delivery of health care for LGBTI+ people.
IMPORTANT: registrations for training will become live approximately two months prior to start of training. To enrol in this or any training, you must click the link below and fill in the registration. If you do not complete the registration, you will not have a place in the training. If you experience a broken link, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The training content will support you and your organisation to:
- Individually analyse your own assumptions and values and reflect on the implications in your delivery of health care to LGBTI+ communities
- Understand the importance and use of respectful and appropriate language
- Identify and understand the unique vulnerabilities that LGBTI+ communities face
- Improve your confidence in comprehensively meeting the needs of LGBTI+ consumers
- Develop improved skills around intake and assessment
- Understand the complexity and risk of methamphetamine use for men who have sex with men (MSM) and aim to improve treatment outcomes for this community
- Understand the broader AOD issues for LGBTI+ communities
While not mandatory, it is highly recommended to complete Trans and Gender Diverse Cultural Sensitivity and Awareness Training with Thorne Harbour Health prior to enrolling in this training.
This training has been funded for workers employed in a Victorian State-funded Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) service, including those who are new to the AOD sector or recently employed under the COVID-19 Workforce Initiative and Peer workers.
Who is not eligible?
Students on placement or internships, workers from other community sectors such as Family Violence, Homelessness and Mental Health and AOD workers outside of Victoria.
Please ensure you have clearance to attend from your line manager. If you are unable to attend, even if you find out the day before, please cancel your registration and make your spot available to someone else on the waiting list.
Can’t find what you need? Need help?