IMPORTANT: Enrolments for training will go live approximately two months before training commences. If you do not have an Elevate! account, you will need to create your account first. Every time you wish to enrol into training, you will need to sign in. If you have not signed up to Elevate! previously, click the REGISTER button to create an account, then enrol.
Peer workers, like in any professional discipline, need quality, standardised training and ongoing professional development. Through extensive research and co-design, SHARC has developed Peer Worker Training. This comprehensive training provides a vital knowledge base for peer workers, and ensures that the peer workforce has a discipline-specific framework.
This training is designed for current AOD Peer Workers of funded Victorian AOD agencies
The SHARC Peer Worker Training seeks to:
- Educate Peer Workers around the concepts and core competencies of the peer work discipline
- Assist Peer Workers to apply best practice peer work in formalised settings
- Explore the key components of the role with a focus on the peer relationship
- Increase confidence and develop skills in communication and navigating relational parameters
- Develop understandings of ethical practice and workplace legislative requirements
- Empower Peer Workers to advocate for the discipline and manage their own wellbeing and development needs
- Prepare Peer Workers to work across a number of domains, remaining ‘peer’ within clinical governance frameworks