- This event has passed.
08/03/22 Youth AOD 2 Half-day Developmentally Conducive Practice Copy
March 8 @ 9:30 am - 1:00 pm
IMPORTANT: registrations for training will become live approximately two months prior to start of training. To enrol in this or any training, you must click the link below and complete the registration. If you do not complete the registration, you will not have a place in the training. If you experience a broken link, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Youth-focused AOD Practice Program
This training program aims to increase the capacity of practitioners to effectively support and respond to the needs of young people who are using substances while also promoting the integration of contemporary evidence-informed youth AOD perspective into care planning and coordination.
This training program contains 4x course:
- Youth AOD 1 – Half-day Attachment and Trauma in Youth AOD work
- Youth AOD 2 – Half-day Developmentally Conducive Practice
- Youth AOD 3 – Half-day Young people & AOD
- Youth AOD 4 – Half-day Resilience Care Planning
It is highly recommended that the participants attend the 4 sessions.
This workshop will equip workers with a foundational understanding of adolescent development and the function, meaning and purpose of risk-taking and other challenging behaviours including AOD use. It will explore relationship-based approaches to working with young people and look at how we can move from issues based responses to a developmentally conducive practice approach.
- Adolescent Development theories
- Risk in Adolescence.
- Developmental needs and adolescent substance use
- Relationship-based practice
- Developmentally conducive ways of working